Getting WordPress RSS feed to display in Win8 App

More Windows 8 application development learning today.

I’ve been putting together an RSS reader for Win8 and following a tutorial from Microsoft on the subject but their feeds were structured differently from ours. Simple matter of changing the querySelectors, right? Wrong. I changed all the tags but still had trouble but thanks to this lovely Stack Overflow thread I learnt about name spacing RSS feeds and used the following code to get the data.

//process content so it displays nicely
 var staticContent = toStaticHTML(post.querySelector("encoded").textContent);

Life is good.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

You May Also Like
Read More

Playing the Right Game

In jiu jitsu there’s a training method called positional sparring, sometimes called specific training. These two names refer…
Title card for blog article
Read More

Give Juniors a Shot

I’ve been going through a pretty big hiring process at work lately, it’s not the first time I’ve…